remodeling kitchen philadelphia
Kitchen remodels are always one of our top requests at dRemodeling. We take pride in all of our past Philadelphia kitchen remodel projects, and always look forward to taking on new kitchen remodel challenges.
Does your kitchen need an update? View these top 10 reasons you should remodel your kitchen to see if it’s time to remodel!
1. Your Kitchen Is Too Small. Need more storage space? Hate the cramped layout of your kitchen? Remodeling is a great way to update your kitchen and create more space. An experienced contractor can expand your kitchen to give you the look and the square footage you want.
2. More Products Than Ever. With interior design and home remodeling at the forefront of many company’s minds, there are more kitchen products than ever to choose from. Get a custom island, new cabinetry, the latest backsplashes, modern countertops and beautiful appliances in your kitchen with a great remodel.
3. Your Kitchen Is Outdated. If your kitchen is stuck in the 1960’s, it can really make your whole house look outdated. Updating your kitchen to a new design and layout will bring your home into 2012.
4. Huge Return on Kitchen Remodels. Kitchens are one of the few places you can see a huge return on investment with a remodel. Time and time again, a little spending in the kitchen can up the resale value of your home.
5. Improve Your Cooking. If you love being in your kitchen, you’ll most likely cook more often and enjoy the space much more. Improve your cooking, and your quality of life, by making a few adjustments to your kitchen with a quality remodel.
6. It’s a Quick Project. Hiring quality contractors that have experience with kitchen remodels means that your kitchen renovation will get done quickly and affordably. An average kitchen remodel takes just a few weeks at most.
7. You Can Save on Energy Costs. When you decide to upgrade, go with appliances and lighting fixtures that will cut down on your energy costs throughout the year.
8. You Just Want a Change. There is nothing wrong with deciding that the countertops you once loved just aren’t your style anymore. Make some quick adjustments to things like counters, backsplashes, flooring or cabinetry to instantly change the look of your kitchen.
9. You Want a Gourmet Kitchen. Have you gotten really interested in cooking? Do you have a lot of guests over and entertain in the kitchen? It may be time to upgrade your standard kitchen to a gourmet kitchen. Remodeling your current kitchen into your luxury dream kitchen will make you feel like a master chef.
10. Additions Are Necessary. If you once had no need for an eat-in kitchen, but now have a need for this extra dining space, you may want to remodel and make some additions to your kitchen. Other additions could include an island, a pantry, a wet bar and much more.
Remember, if you’re ready to give your kitchen a facelift, contact dRemodeling for all of your Philadelphia kitchen remodeling needs.
My thoughts on customers that miss appointments
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling is my passion and business. Thus, as a through professional, I value my time. However, last week, it seems I got stood up 3 times in a row when I visited the client’s destination for an assessment of the place. Even though I understand that emergencies happen, the least they can do is give me a call from wherever they are. I mean, it is actually not asking for too much, isn’t it?
Though it is not that I have never missed an appointment, it does happen sometimes, but I ensure that I call up and apologize. Though this is extremely rare, I must admit that it happens. However, when I miss an appointment, customers post negative reviews, which even though cannot be completely justified. But what do I do?
I talked it over with my friends and other business owners and some of them had a simple solution- charge the customer. They said I need to mention it over the phone conversation to ensure that the customer knows that they need to be there at the given time. I usually drive for over an hour to reach a destination and nobody’s home…isn’t that a sheer waste of my time?
I know what my friend suggested was a good idea but I’ll need to think it over. Another suggestion that can save me valuable time is to hire a reminder service. Some of these services charge to remind the customers of their appointment with the company. A day or two before the scheduled appointment, the live attendants give a call to the customer to remind them of the appointment, so that when I reach there, they are home.
Another friend suggested that I call before I leave home so that at least I do not waste me time travelling up and down without doing any business. Customer satisfaction is my priority but I need to ensure that the potential clients understand that as a business owner my time is equally precious.
However, I think giving a new customer a benefit of doubt is essential as I have a service business but just like, Dave, another business owner said, “Dan, if that happens a second time over, just drop the client because they are not serious about the remodeling so no point putting in more time.”
It is natural that some people have hectic schedules and so the mess-up happens, but for some people, it is sheer inattention to details. These are just my thoughts on the subject, what do you think works the best?
So, you finally decided to grab the bull by the horns and remodel your 90s style kitchen and bring it into the 21st century. You can opt for traditional, contemporary or country style – the options are endless. Before you begin any remodeling project, you must plan first. Many people will begin remodeling their kitchen and plan as they go along. When you fail to plan, it’s like welcoming disaster with open arms. Remember kitchen remodeling rule # 1, plan your remodeling project from the very beginning. Here are a few important things to remember when planning your remodeling project.
- Write it down. Browse the Internet or look through a few kitchen design magazines to get ideas of what you want. Then write down your ideas.
- Consider your budget. When you create a budget from start to finish, you will be less likely to run into road blocks such as spending too much or not having enough to complete your project.
- Do-it-yourself. Unless you are a skilled carpenter or remodeling contractor, it is highly recommended that you hire a professional. Many people will attempt to remodel their own kitchen in order to save money. We find that the majority of people who begin kitchen remodeling projects on their own usually do not finish successfully. You’re better off spending a few extra dollars on hiring a professional than losing money on an unfinished kitchen remodeling project.
Lastly, make sure you listen to good advice. A good remodeling contractor will offer good advice to their customers. You may have already made your mind up on a particular kitchen design, however, your remodeling contractor may have an even better idea that will greatly enhance your kitchen. Your remodeling contractor is an expert and knows what works well when it comes to kitchen design and what will work against you.