Philadelphia remodeling contractors
Here is a great solution to help define your remodeling hopes and dreams to express them clearly to your contractor/ designer. Remodeling is not just fixing the bad and broken. It is a total upgrade; a renovation of tired materials, old technologies, and dated design. Think of remodeling as you would a new car purchase. You consider the reliability and warranty when shopping for your new vehicle you. While these are seriously important, you also consider the comfort, desirable accessories, beauty, and color. Let’s simplify this idea down to three main considerations: lifestyle essentials, aesthetic desire, and resale value.
Lifestyle essentials – Research Your Daily Needs
What do you do in your space? How does it help you complete daily tasks? Is that basement space perfect for the kids, or maybe it will be an adult retreat? Does your kitchen need a breakfast space for you and your family? For example, let’s say you have a love for baking. Your kitchen should be a reflection of this passion. Marble slabs to prep tasty treats, ample oven space to bake all your delectable desserts, and counter space aplenty to cool cookies. These are all essential design elements in creating a space tailored to a life full of sweet creations. So, get started by taking mental notes of your daily rituals and needs within your project space. Keep in mind contractors/designers do not know your personal needs. A clear understanding of how you live in your space allows you to pass along this knowledge to your remodeling team.
Aesthetic Desire – Find Your Style
How do you want your new space to look and feel? Cozy and warm? Rusty and rural? Clean and modern? Sleek and urban? Find terms that express your style and taste. To provide yourself and your contractor/designer with a clear definition of the stylistic direction of your project, create a small collection of images representing your desired taste, color palate, and atmosphere. To get started, check out the website HOUZZ. The site provides a tool to surf their vast database of remodels and collect your favorite images to create a virtual idea bank.
Resale Value- Make It Timeless
Always consider the permanence of your decisions. Keep all investments such as cabinetry, tile work, countertops, and technology neutral. And let’s get one thing clear… beige isn’t the only neutral, so don’t fear. You still have many options! Going neutral doesn’t mean you should avoid color or eclectic elements, but always incorporate your personal touches and vibrant accents to applications easily swapped out. This will allow your tastes and your space to evolve together and become a reflection of you. If in the future you decide to sell, neutral spaces become an asset to your home’s market appeal.
Bring this approach into all remodeling projects as a guide in your decision making process. The end result will be a successful space that fulfills your needs and your dreams. Speak up about your needs. Speak up about your style. And be smart about your investments. Contractors/ designers can’t read your mind, so tell us what you want. Insist on what you need. Get started!
Be sure to contact the dRemodeling team if you have questions or ideas about your next remodeling project.
Kitchen remodels are always one of our top requests at dRemodeling. We take pride in all of our past Philadelphia kitchen remodel projects, and always look forward to taking on new kitchen remodel challenges.
Does your kitchen need an update? View these top 10 reasons you should remodel your kitchen to see if it’s time to remodel!
1. Your Kitchen Is Too Small. Need more storage space? Hate the cramped layout of your kitchen? Remodeling is a great way to update your kitchen and create more space. An experienced contractor can expand your kitchen to give you the look and the square footage you want.
2. More Products Than Ever. With interior design and home remodeling at the forefront of many company’s minds, there are more kitchen products than ever to choose from. Get a custom island, new cabinetry, the latest backsplashes, modern countertops and beautiful appliances in your kitchen with a great remodel.
3. Your Kitchen Is Outdated. If your kitchen is stuck in the 1960’s, it can really make your whole house look outdated. Updating your kitchen to a new design and layout will bring your home into 2012.
4. Huge Return on Kitchen Remodels. Kitchens are one of the few places you can see a huge return on investment with a remodel. Time and time again, a little spending in the kitchen can up the resale value of your home.
5. Improve Your Cooking. If you love being in your kitchen, you’ll most likely cook more often and enjoy the space much more. Improve your cooking, and your quality of life, by making a few adjustments to your kitchen with a quality remodel.
6. It’s a Quick Project. Hiring quality contractors that have experience with kitchen remodels means that your kitchen renovation will get done quickly and affordably. An average kitchen remodel takes just a few weeks at most.
7. You Can Save on Energy Costs. When you decide to upgrade, go with appliances and lighting fixtures that will cut down on your energy costs throughout the year.
8. You Just Want a Change. There is nothing wrong with deciding that the countertops you once loved just aren’t your style anymore. Make some quick adjustments to things like counters, backsplashes, flooring or cabinetry to instantly change the look of your kitchen.
9. You Want a Gourmet Kitchen. Have you gotten really interested in cooking? Do you have a lot of guests over and entertain in the kitchen? It may be time to upgrade your standard kitchen to a gourmet kitchen. Remodeling your current kitchen into your luxury dream kitchen will make you feel like a master chef.
10. Additions Are Necessary. If you once had no need for an eat-in kitchen, but now have a need for this extra dining space, you may want to remodel and make some additions to your kitchen. Other additions could include an island, a pantry, a wet bar and much more.
Remember, if you’re ready to give your kitchen a facelift, contact dRemodeling for all of your Philadelphia kitchen remodeling needs.
When you find a first-rate remodeling company, it’s important to stick with them. However, when you invest your money in the wrong remodeling contractor – let the headaches and nightmares begin. Hiring a contractor who produces sub-par work can cost thousands of dollars in repair work. To avoid hiring the wrong remodeling contractor, here are 3 important things to consider:
1. Begin with preparing a list of Philadelphia contractors. Then narrow your list down to those who have established a good reputation. Ask for the remodeling company to provide you with client recommendations. Contractors who are unable to provide recommendations should be avoided at all cost. There are various places where you can find Philadelphia remodeling contractors. In addition to searching online, you can ask friends, co-workers, neighbors or contact your local realtor for recommendations. People will be more than happy to provide you with recommendations and provide you with names of contractors to avoid. Good news and bad news travels fast in the remodeling industry.
2. Avoid hiring amateur remodeling contractors. Everyone knows at least one family member or a friend-of-a-friend who will offer to remodel your kitchen or bathroom next to nothing. Sure, you may save a couple of thousand dollars at first. Later, it could cost you a lot more in the long-run. If you want to add value to your home (not to mention avoiding a family quarrel), only hire professional contractors.
3. Check the remodeling contractor's license status. Anyone can have a website built, print business cards and call himself/ herself a professional home remodeling contractor. Before making your final decision, make sure you check the contractor's license status. This is the ultimate proof that your contractor is qualified to remodel your home.
Another important thing to consider is hiring a contractor who offers consultation. At Dremodelng, our contractors will sit down with you to ensure your home remodeling project is a complete success.