Shower Systems For an At-Home Spa
Who doesn’t want to end their day at a spa, relaxing their worries from the day away? What would happen if we told you that we can bring the spa to your home? There are a number of different shower systems that can provide you with the same relaxing, peaceful feeling as if you just ventured out to the spa!
Shower Heads for Anyone
In looking at shower heads and systems, there are a number of different types: standard wall-mount, top mount, sliding bar, and handheld.
- A standard wall mounted is directly mounted to a wall in the shower and is typically installed at a height specific to the client’s preference to allow for ease of use while showering. A shower head can range from simple design to elaborate.
- A top-mount shower head is affixed to the ceiling in the shower and usually best accompanies a rainhead shower to give the full access of bathing in a rainforest!
- A sliding-bar shower head allows for each user to adjust the shower head height based on their personal preference along a wall-mounted base.
- A handheld shower can be in addition to the wall-mounted shower head, where it can be removed or stationary depending on client preference as well.
In terms of finishes, typically all shower systems are available in polished chrome, satin nickel, and antique bronze.
Wall-Mounted Shower Head
In the simplest form, a shower can contain a wall-mounted shower head and temperature valve as pictured:
This allows for a shower head to distribute water and a temperature gauge to have the user turn the dial to the desired temperature and water pressure.
A tier above a simple shower head and temperature gauge, an additional item can be added for better utilization from the user, a handheld shower. A handheld shower can be installed in addition to a shower head. This handheld shower can be of great use to clients with children, pets, or just for easier use of water distribution. A handheld shower can exist on either a bar where it has the option to move vertically or can be affixed to a stationary bracket, respectively.
A popular option for the handheld shower is to have this affixed to the wall with either a stationary or moveable bracket and have an overhead rain head shower:
Alternate Nozzles and Sprays
In further upgrading your bathroom getaway, a shower can have alternate nozzles and sprays for steam and alternate water distribution.
We understand choosing the right shower experience can be overwhelming with all of the different options available, so here are a few items to think about to help narrow down the options:
- Think about your dream shower/bath experience and make it come to life!
- Adjustability to all users of the shower is key, so if you are on the fence about choosing between a stationary or removable handheld shower, go for the adjustable option so each user is able to customize their spa-like experience
- If you see a product that breaks your budget, try to narrow down what specific features you like about that fixture and look for those features in alternate models below your budget
Overall, coming home after a hard day’s work is most rewarding if your bathroom space helps you to relax and separate yourself from daily life. So why not have the spa treatment in your own home?
- Joe Muir
- On October 24, 2016
TagsArchitecture backsplash Bathroom Bathroom Design bathroom remodeling bathroom remodeling company bathroom tile Cabinetry Color Concept construction Contemporary Contemporary Bathroom contractor dremodeling French Heat Home Improvement Home Remodel home remodeling contractors home renovation Interior interior decorating Interior Design kichen remodeling Kitchen Kitchen Remodeling kitchen remodeling contractor marble Modern pattern Philadelphia bathroom remodeling philadelphia remodeling Philadelphia remodeling contractors remodeling remodeling contractors remodeling kitchen philadelphia renovation shower bench Space Saving tile Tips Woodwork
September 11, 2017
September 11, 2017
April 12, 2017
April 7, 2017